It's the first day of August and Fall is in sight! Don't let the summer go by without attending at least one beer festival!
Beer festivals are a great way to get outdoors, spend some quality time with friends, and enjoy some cold microbrews. Here are just a handful of beer festivals happening this August so you can start thinking about where you might soak up some suds this summer:
August 4, 2012
Craft Lager and Small Batch Festival - Manitou Springs, CO
- This is the world's first solar-powered beer festival! Look out for beers from Colorado breweries like Fort Collins Brewery, Pikes Peak Brewing Company, Odell's, Trinity Brewing, Avery, Great Divide, New Belgium, and Left Hand, as well as samples from regional micro-distilleries such as Santa Fe Spirits, Deerhammer Distillery, and Downslope Distilling.
August 11, 2012
Microfestivus 2012 - Roanoke, VA
- Roanoke's Microfestivus features several of Virginia's top craft breweries, including Blue Mountain, Starr Hill, and Lost Rhino. Also look out for craft beer powerhouses like Rogue, Sierra Nevada, and New Belgium.
August 17-18, 2012
Stone 16th Anniversary Celebration - San Marcos, CA
- Join Escondido's Stone Brewing Company as they celebrate 16 years of brewing awesomeness. The Friday night Brewers Reception gives you a chance drink specialty beers with world-class brewers and enjoy complimentary food in a VIP setting. Admission to Saturday's festival includes a special commemorative glass, samples from over 40 breweries, free homemade soda, and live music.
August 25, 2012
First Annual Virginia Craft Brewers Fest - Nelson County, VA
- Virginia's inaugural Craft Beer Month culminates with the first ever Virginia Craft Brewers Fest at Devils Backbone Brewing Company. The festival will feature more than 20 Virginia breweries, including Blue Mountain Brewery, Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, Mad Fox Brewing Company, Legend Brewing Company, Starr Hill, and more.
- This 20-year festival hosted by Stoudt's Brewing Company will be sure to please with Pennsylvania-based breweries Victory, Troegs, Evil Genius, Breaker Brewing Company, Boxcar Brewing Company, and more, complemented by good music and Chef Carr's special food pairings.
Looking for something in your neck of the woods? Check out the BeerAdvocate Event Calendar.