April 2013 marks the inaugural North Carolina Beer Month. Breweries and craft beer fans from the Appalachian Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean will be celebrating the state's 70+ craft breweries with special tastings, events, beer releases, and festivities.
For those in and around the Asheville area, here are five fun ways to celebrate:
1. Charlie Hunter & Scott Amendola: April 3rd, 8pm at Pisgah Brewing Company
Check out some great music at one of the Daily Meal's 10 Best Brewery Visits! Get yourself a Pisgah Pale Ale and treat yourself to some live jazz. Charlie plays a customized, 8-string bass/electric combo guitar and Scott is the drummer from the Charlie Hunter Quartet. Tix are just $10!
2. Beer City Weekend with Highland Brewing Company: April 12-14th, various locations
This exclusive package features the best of Beer City: a tour of Riverbend Malt House, the LaZoom Comedy Tour, a tour of Highland Brewing Company, and more. Tickets start at $349 per couple and include accommodations at Aloft Hotel.
3. Learning to Grow Hops Tour: April 13th, 1pm at Hop 'n Blueberry Farm
The North Carolina hops industry is just starting to take off. Here's your chance to learn what it takes to grow hops! Tix: $10pp
4. Altamont Brewing's Float, Beer Tasting & Brewery Tour: April 20th & 27th, 2pm at Altamont Brewing Company
It's getting warmer! Kick it with Altamont, one of Asheville's newest breweries, and enjoy a leisurely float down the French Broad River!
5. The Best Firkin Beer Festival: April 27th, 3pm at Highland Brewing Company