an hour southwest of Brevard.
For Immediate Release:
Ruka’s Table Hosting Specialty Beer Tasting Dinners
Pairing Dinners with Mother Earth Brewing Wednesday July 24 2013
Highlands, N.C. (July 16, 2013) – Ruka’s Table will host a beer tasting dinner on Wednesday, July 24 with Mother Earth Brewing located in Kinston, N.C. Five courses will be artfully and seasonally paired by Chef Burdett to complement a flight of five beers from the Mother Earth brewery.
“I love pairing food with craft beer as each individual beer offers a wide variety of components and flavors, making it fun to highlight and embellish with local, seasonal ingredients from the kitchen.”
The menu for this pairing will consist of:
- Weeping Willow, a low hop bitterness beer with hints of orange zest and coriander will be paired with Frothed Cucumber Soup, buttermilk, blueberry and mint.
- Endless River, a Kolsch style beer that is light and crisp will be paired with Bitter Eggplant, tomato, almond and onion.
- Second Wind, a mildly bitter beer with floral and citrus notes will be paired with a House Smoked Salmon, dill, potato, fennel and oyster cream.
- Sister of the Moon, an IPA style beer with strong hop bitterness will be paired with a Sweet and Sour Pork Loin, okra kimchi and corn
- Dark Cloud, a mild, smooth Lager will be paired with a House Made Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
The Beer Tasting Dinners, hosted at Ruka’s Table at 163 Main Street, will have one seating at 6:30 pm and reservations are required. The cost is $60 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. For reservations, call Ruka’s Table at 828.526.3636.
About Justin Burdett
Executive Chef of Ruka’s Table, Justin Burdett joined the Ruka’s Table team in summer of 2012, bringing his esteemed farm-to-table knowledge and practices to broaden the restaurant’s locally influenced menu. Prior to his work at Ruka’s Table, Burdett was Chef de Cuisine at Miller Union, a nationally recognized and acclaimed restaurant in Atlanta, Ga. Burdett was named by Food & Wine magazine in March 2013 as one of the top ten chefs in the Southeast.
About Ruka’s Table
Located in the mountain town of Highlands, N.C., Ruka’s Table offers a variety of inventive dishes, showcasing sophisticated Southern flavors. The restaurant proudly partners with local farms to sources fresh proteins and produce in support of the local slow food movement. Every dish is made from scratch, including its cheese, with seasonal and local ingredients, to invoke a homemade feel along with its authentic and rustic menu.