|USA Craft Beer Map from SwiftMaps.com|
Naturally, about the first thing I wanted to do was go to the good old American grocery store and survey the beer aisle. (Insert songs of heavenly angels here.) The selection! The variety! Renowned beers from American breweries coast to coast! IPAs! I restrained myself and did a build-your-own six pack of some more or less regional beers:
- Red Brick Hoplanta (GA) - "Hoppier than a bullfrog with a stubbed toe!"
- Sweetwater Georgia Brown (GA) - "Smoother than a Bill Clinton apology!"
- Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale (DE) - "A cross between a Scotch Ale, an India Pale Ale and an American Brown, Indian Brown Ale is well-hopped and malty at the same time (It's magical!)."
- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (DE) - "60 Minute IPA is continuously hopped -- more than 60 hop additions over a 60-minute boil."
- Sweetwater Exodus Porter (GA) - "First brewed on Bob Marley’s birthday, this Legend-ary porter initially delivers distinct irie hop notes which transcend into rich waves of chocolate, creating a multidimensional taste experience!"
- Abita Jockamo IPA (LA) - "The flavor is bold like the Mardi Gras Indians who march through New Orleans in suits of feathers and beads."
Let this mark the beginning of an excellent state-side adventure!
|Beer, glorious beer!|